Saturday 21 February 2015

How To Feel Confident Without Makeup

I know too many people who would never go out makeup free and this fact worries me. Why should people feel that their natural face needs to be covered in order to look good? 
I was this girl once. I wore makeup everyday to school because people told me I looked better with it, and this really did have an effect on my confidence. It has taken me a long time to accept my face without it, and realize that there are other ways of looking good without having to wear a face full of makeup.
So with that, here are some tips that I use rather than wearing makeup, which make me feel better. I hope you find them useful! 


1. Stay hygienic and cleanse
This is the key to making your skin glow and stand out! Now in my time I've used a hell of a lot of face washes until I suffered with minor acne. After a trip to the doctors to pick up some Duac cream, I asked my doctor about face washes and he assured me that actually, face wash is no different from ordinary soaps. As long as you don't use perfumed soaps, your skin won't react badly and it's equivalent to using a face wash. So as long as you wash your face as well as your body daily with a good organic soap (I use Simple personally) your ready to go!


2. Moisturise! 
...Or are you ready to go? Not so fast! I know a lot of you oily skin types out there who skip this step - I used to be the same, trust me! But actually not using a moisture cream can increase oil as your skins dried out and your body wants to keep it moist. This can also increase acne and spots, from my understanding. The best Moisturiser by far is again the Simple Kind To Skin Light Moisturiser, which for those of you who have oily skin (like me) will find really refreshing and dries into your skin within minutes! For my skin in general I use lots of different moisturising creams, which are: 
Nivea Body Moisturiser Rich Nurishing 
Made With Love
Ghost The Fragrance
Baylis & Harding Skin Spa
Champneys Spa Indulgence Distant Shores Body Butter
(P.S. Some of these moisurisers I had in a set for Christmas so I'm not sure if they can be sold separately!)



 So moisturising is a must guys in order to freshen your skin and keep that shimmering glow from your cleansing! 


3. Wear something which flatters your figure
This is where a lot of people go wrong and I blame fashion; I know of people who literally buy things because they're "the in thing" which I'm not saying isn't fine but come on people...have some originality! Don't buy something for the sake of it, buy something you feel comfortable in and feel confident in. Honestly, when you feel confident in an outfit and comfortable it's so much more noticeable that if you wear something because everyone has it. For example, I would say my build is slim & curvy, so for example, I tend to wear a lot of play suits in the summer as they outline that I do have a waist so I don't feel frumpy. You will add to that inner glow if you feel confident guys, trust me!


4. Vaseline!
Oh Vaseline, you have been my savoir many a time.  I feel like Vaseline is like a mother; never fails to make us look or feel better (Is that what a mother does?). What I tend to do is rub a little bit of Vaseline onto my eyelashes and my eyebrows, then wait 2 minutes for it to dry in a little bit. I then use my £1 eyelash curlers from Primark (and they've lasted me years!) and curl my eyelashes for about 5 secs on each eye, then smooth out my brows either with my fingers or with an eyebrow brush. I find this really makes the eye area stand out without using mascara or any other makeup for that matter. And, you can itch your eye without the fear of having panda eyes, bonus!



I hope this post helped people out there who feel unworthy without makeup. I am not slating makeup at all, I wear it on a night out but I do not wear it as a regular, daily thing, but that's me. I think as long as you feel happy in your skin then why let others judge who you are? 









No comments:

Post a Comment